Saturday, July 14, 2012

Why you should listen to LTP.

My head is just cluttered with so very many things at the moment. And they aren't pretty. But I'm gonna put it down anyway, because who knows! It might elicit a response somewhere. I might have made some sex offender feel like shit in some corner of the world. So here goes.

I read a blog today about growing up. And I loved it! I have been beating myself up over the past few days, about the Guwahati incident, wondering what it was. What the need was for some people to violate other people's rights.... their privacy. It was ignorance and immaturity in parts. I'm relieved that I understood. That alone has given me a certain sense of calm. I'm not an idiot. I understand that realising why, doesn't solve the problem. But at least we're half way there. And I'm not gonna lie. I'm still scared. I'm always looking at people for what they might be. On the inside. What might be behind that facade, that appearance. And it sucks. It really does. When I'm out on the road, waiting to take a rick, I wonder if this guy is going to be nice to me. I wonder if I should keep a friend on speed dial who can help me out of a difficult situation. I have contemplated buying a can of pepper spray so many times. But you know how everybody had this idea that it will it actually never happen to them? That is what is stopping me. And it's the stupidest idea I've had in a long long time.
And yet, there is some part of me that disagrees. Why should I!? Yes, I sound like a jackass. But it's a valid question. A friend once told me that girls and boys cant be equal. They just can't. And, you know what? That's fine by me. I'm not saying I'm loving it, but I'm okay with it.
My point being, you don't have to treat me like a guy. No please don't. All I ask for is some respect. Respect that I have my choices. Respect that I am also human, with preferences and ideals. Respect that I also sometimes need some recreation. Expecting me to lead my life, fearing that you can't keep your 'desires' in check - kinda unfair don't you think?

So please. Grow up. Educate yourselves. Find a way to educate those who need this kind of lesson. Learn the quality of self control. Its not too hard really. You just need to try it. I'm not asking for a whole lot here. Just asking you to respect each other. Be it man, woman.... Whoever.

That's enough ranting for one day, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment