Wednesday, May 16, 2012

So I remembered that I had this question: what exactly is the joy of giving?

Now that I am older and more mature *cough cough* I think I have an answer. It doesn't matter what you give. And no, I'm not talking Diary Milk or Toblerone. I'm talking tangible or intangible. As long as you give someone what they need, be it a helping hand with their luggage, change for a 100 rupee note, some of your absolutely delicious lunch or one of your earrings (yes I have done this), they're happy and you're happier. Sadly, it also matters when you do it with a smile. And let me be clear, it has to be genuine. People always see right through the fake ones. Trust me! So if you feel like you've done nice things for people but haven't done it with a smile, maybe you should go apologize (like I'm about to). Because you just made them feel like an ass for asking you.

As long as you have the right attitude and the willingness to help, it always feels good. It is, after all, all about feeling good, isn't it?

Too preachy? I should stop that.

No comments:

Post a Comment